Sunday, April 26, 2015

22... 23 Weeks - Oh boy, oh boy!

A boy... we're having a boy!
Belly is starting to
feel heavy!

I still can't get over how excited we are. I would be crazy excited if we were having a girl too, it's just fun KNOWING! For me, it makes pregnancy so much more meaningful. Instead of just a baby inside me, it's our little boy! I think about him all the time and imagine what kind of baby he'll be. Will he be a champ at nursing like Zoie was? What kind of sleeper will he be? What kinds of little baby noises will he make? I'm so excited to meet him!

It's crazy to think about, but right now (23/24 weeks) is about the time where babies have a chance at survival if they deliver this early. Our baby only weighs about 1 pound! I don't think our little guy is going anywhere for several months, but it's interesting that he's developed enough at this stage that he could possibly survive (with ridiculous amounts of help) outside my womb!

Since finding out we're having a boy, I've been having fun sorting through the gender-neutral baby clothes we own and shopping for little boy clothes. Dinosaurs and puppy dogs and fire trucks, oh my! This is a fun new world. Zoie is such a good shopping assistant, she'll carry around the items I pick out and proclaim "Bay-bee! Bay-bee!".

Zoie knows there's a baby in my belly, but I can't convince her that there isn't one in hers too. It'll be so fun when the kicks are strong enough for her to feel and see! I think she's going to love being a big sister.

How far along are you? 23 weeks as of Friday.
 
How big is Baby?
 Our baby boy weighs over a pound now, and measures about 11 inches long from head to rump. He's about the size of a large mango or grapefruit! His face is fully formed, and he's listening to my voice and body sounds. He can even hear loud noises from the outside.

Weight Gain? I'm up to 137 now, so I've gained 11 pounds so far.

Gender? We found out last week that we're having a BOY!!!

Maternity Clothes? Yep, loving my comfy maternity pants. Starting to wear more maternity tops, but I have plenty of looser regular tops that fit.

Sleep? Lately, the only thing keeping me up is Zoie. These 2nd year molars are terrible! We are waiting for these last two to cut through her gums, and they're painful for her. It keeps her awake some nights, and this girl just wants to be held!

Movement? Our little guy is such a squirm! During the sonogram, we saw that he was in a breech position with his feet right next to my bladder. This explains my random urgency to pee when really my bladder isn't even that full... haha. I love feeling his kicks!

Food Cravings? Unfortunately I've been craving things like crackers and starchy foods. Nooooooo!

Labor Signs? Nope, nothing.

Symptoms? The whole varicose and spider vein thing is pretty lame. Apparently it gets worse with each subsequent pregnancy, but eases up after delivery. Thanks to pregnancy, the rising progesterone levels in my body cause the walls of my blood vessels to relax. This combined with the extra blood flowing through my body makes these veins (mostly on my right side) distend! Not only are they unsightly, but they ache by the end of the day.

What I missI miss feeling more energetic, agile, and flexible. My motivation to exercise is pretty low since my body feels more achy and stiff, but I know exercising more would help! I always feel good after doing PiYo, which I try to sneak in during Zoie's nap time.

Best moment(s) of the week? Watching our baby on the sonogram and finding out he is definitely a BOY! It's so exciting to have two kiddos, one of each gender!

What I am looking forward to? The new Avengers movie comes out this week - James and I are going to see it on Friday while Nana & Papa watch Zoie!

Cheers,

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment