Sunday, May 24, 2015

27 Weeks - Only a month before we move!

We have so many changes going on right now! Whew.

James changes jobs on Tuesday, we're moving to California in about a month, and we're having a baby in 3 months! So much to think about and plan for. Scheduling our movers, cleaning and vacating our rental house, planning our road trip, finding a new house... lots of uncertainty for our family in the next two months! By the time we're finally settled, we'll be welcoming our newest little member of our family!

It's exciting just the same - we're both ready for change. Kansas has been wonderful, but we're ready for the next big adventure! This is such a great opportunity with the Army for James to be able to get his Master's degree over the next two years, and for us to live on the California coast! And just when we're acclimated to the mild Cali weather, we'll move to beautiful snowy upstate NY for a few years while James teaches at West Point.

We still have plenty left to do in our last month here - hiking on the prairie, enjoying the zoo and discovery center, visiting our favorite restaurants, and taking Zoie to her favorite playgrounds and splash parks. It's odd to think we might never be in Kansas again!

So, we'll have a Kansas baby and a California baby. And who knows... maybe a New York baby after that? Or we could just stop at two. Two would be so much easier. But three would be fun... ;-)

How far along are you? 27 weeks as of Friday.
 
How big is Baby?
 Baby Andrew is somewhere over 2 pounds, and measures 14-15 inches long. He's about the size of a head of cauliflower. Zoie has been pointing to my belly and exclaiming "Baby Andrew!" more often, so I must be looking big to her! She even offered to feed him a bite of chicken from her fork the other day.

Weight Gain? About 141-142. Up almost 16 pounds.

Gender? Boy!

Maternity Clothes? Indeed. I can still get away with a couple regular shirts, but they're getting too short.

Sleep? It's been a rough week - Zoie's been waking up a lot at night. It's so sad when she pulls at her mouth and tells us "teeth hurt!" at nighttime. Ibuprofen works for her sometimes, but not completely. Luckily, her 2nd year molars are almost done breaking through her gums!

Movement? I've been noticing more distinct "awake time" and "sleep time" with baby Andrew. He sleeps a lot more than Zoie did in the womb! Zoie moved and kicked so constantly, her "sleep time" seemed very limited. Andrew will have longer periods of being totally calm. I've also noticed that I haven't felt any hiccups yet, I wonder when I'll feel it?

Food Cravings? Nothing much really, besides coffee.

Labor Signs? Nope! I never really had Braxton-Hicks contractions with Zoie, so we'll see if I ever feel them with Andrew.

Symptoms? Allergy symptoms have pretty much cleared up. They flared up for about a week, but I'm pretty much back to normal! Besides my annoying hernia, the only pregnancy symptoms I'm dealing with now are feeling huge and less agile.

What I miss? I miss lots of little things about not being pregnant. Mountain biking, ordering alcoholic beverages, curling my legs up in a chair without my belly obstructing my comfort... and not feeling clumsy. It's easy to underestimate the clearance my belly needs when I'm maneuvering around objects! Tight parking spot and trying to get out of the car? Fail...

Best moment(s) of the week? We had fun going to a hibachi dinner with James' parents on Friday night, but Zoie was pretty frightened of the fire on the grill! She loved the food - chicken, beef, shrimp, fried rice... it was delicious. This evening, James and I left Zoie with her Nana & Papa and enjoyed a date night! We only have a month before we move - we'll miss Nana and Papa so much!

What I am looking forward to? Tuesday is a very special day! James is changing jobs, there's a big ceremony, and we're having a BBQ to celebrate with family and some special friends!

Cheers,

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment