Friday, June 26, 2015

30... 31... 32 Weeks - Packed up and ready to go!

Our adventure begins!

Little Andrew in my big belly!
We're camping out in an empty house. It's actually pretty fun! We kept all the essentials we need to be comfortable, so it's not so bad. We'll spend a few nights in a hotel as we vacate our house, and we'll be off to California!

While James and his dad are road tripping with our two cars, and Zoie and I are flying to meet them in Phoenix. I'm relieved we decided to fly most of the way - this belly is growing large rather quickly. It's hard to get comfortable sometimes, and long-distance driving sounds difficult for both of us. We'll take a couple relaxed days driving from Phoenix to Monterey, that will be easy.

James is from Flagstaff and has family in Phoenix, so we're really looking forward to visiting friends and family next week. We'll celebrate the 4th of July in Flagstaff, and we're even spending a day at the Grand Canyon.

Two weeks ago we went to James' cousin's wedding in Las Vegas! Our trip was packed with wedding events, great restaurants, cruising around The Strip, and watching the Tournament of Kings at the Excalibur. Zoie did amazingly well for such a busy weekend - she slept through the night all 3 nights! She had a whole queen bed all to herself in the hotel. Such a relief to know she'll sleep okay during our travels to California - we're going to be staying in hotels for almost 2 weeks before arriving at our new house.

It's hard to know exactly how much Zoie understands about moving. We've spent some time explaining what's happening, and at least she's okay with our stuff being "all gone". She'll point around at the emptiness, make the sign for "where", and then she'll say "new house!".

Yesterday while Zoie was going potty, a moth suddenly flew right by her face! She was pretty scared and startled. Luckily, it quickly disappeared outside the door. I reassured Zoie that the scary moth was "all gone", and she said "new house?" - I couldn't stop laughing.... bless her heart!

How far along are you? 32 weeks today. Two months left! It feels like forever.
 
How big is Baby?
Baby Andrew weighs about 3.75 pounds, and measures around 16.7 inches from head to heel. At this point, he'll be gaining weight quickly and packing his skinny body with baby fat!

Weight Gain? Our scale is packed up, but I think I'm about 146. That's about 20 pounds - and I feel every pound weighing me down. I can't wait to shed this weight!

Gender? Baby boy!

Maternity Clothes? Yep! I have a pretty good wardrobe of maternity items now.

Sleep? Sleep is still going pretty well! I keep a pillow between my knees, otherwise my hips get sore. Zoie is still sleeping well, which is great for us! My sweet husband has been taking over nighttime duties if she does wake up though, which has been wonderful. Everything is more difficult for me with this huge belly!

Movement? Yep! Lots of movement throughout the day, but our little boy has lengthy stretches of rest. He might be a slightly calmer baby than Zoie was, and maybe sleep won't be such a struggle. Oh, and hiccups! I finally started feeling them about 2 weeks ago. Little Andrew gets hiccups all the time now.

Food Cravings? Not much right now. Our diets have been very random since we've been in moving mode.

Labor Signs? Still nothing, luckily.

Symptoms? Is feeling huge a symptom? I feel huge. Being pregnant is frustrating sometimes. Of course you get a baby in the end, and it's completely worth it, but it feels like a long time to sacrifice your body to make a person.

What I miss? I used to really look forward to evenings/nighttime, but that's the time of day when I'm most uncomfortable. My body gets fatigued, feels swollen, and my motivation to get things done just disappears... I miss life before third trimester.

Best moment(s) of the week? Realizing how many words Zoie knows! Her language is exploding. The other day, I put her into the bathtub without the rubber bath mat (it was packed up), and she exclaims "slippery!" as she happily slid her bottom around on the porcelain. I had no idea she even knew that word!

What I am looking forward to? Vacating our house and beginning our adventure! Our trip is planned, hotels booked, and we have a house waiting for us in Monterey. Woohooo!!

Cheers,

Martha

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh- you are almost there! This new adventure will be perfect once Andrew stretches out of his tiny hiding place. I am so proud of all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha! Jenica and I are coming to visit you once you get settled. Expect us at the end of the summer. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete