Tuesday, March 12, 2013

21 weeks - We made it to Kansas!

There's no place like home...

21 Weeks!
After two days on the road last week, we arrived in Kansas at our new hometown! James' parents live nearby, and they've been wonderful to let us stay with them as we look for a house to rent. We got lucky, and found an awesome house that had just been put on the rental market for a great price! James doesn't start work until Monday, so we have the rest of the week to get moved in.

It's so nice to be getting settled in the city where Zoie will be born and live her toddler years. Now we get to choose a doctor, sign up for some classes (childbirth, breastfeeding, infant CPR, etc...), and continue preparing to welcome our little one into our family. We already have permission to paint in our rental house, so James and I are going to find the perfect shade of light blue for the nursery!

We bought pink baby hangers for Zoie's closet today, which made me REALLY excited! It's the first thing we put into her room. It's amazing to imagine sharing our house with a tiny baby in a few months, a tiny baby that is ours!  


How far along are you? 21 weeks! Finally starting to really feel pregnant.

How big is Baby?
  Zoie should be about 3/4 of a pound, and 10.5 inches long (about the length of a carrot).

Weight Gain? Still haven't weighed myself in a while, but tummy is continuing to pooch, so I'm guessing I'm gaining something. I'll have our scale back in a few days! Yikes, am I getting closer to 140?

Gender? Baby girl!

Maternity Clothes? Still enjoying my comfy maternity jeans and using my BeBand with regular pants. Wearing most of my normal tops, but especially ones that have a looser cut.

Sleep? Not too bad. Sometimes my hips get sore from sleeping on my side, but I've been putting a little pillow between my knees (this helps quite a bit!).

Movement? Zoie is so wiggly! It's amazing how much stronger her kicks/nudges/pokes have become since I first felt her move a few weeks ago. I'm also picking up some patterns in her movement. Anytime I lean my abdomen on something, she kicks. I suppose I wouldn't like my space being squished either... I also notice more movement when I eat spicy foods.

Food Cravings? Haven't noticed much. Food is delicious! I've been drinking a lot of water lately, been feeling thirstier than usual.

Labor Signs? Nah. I don't think I would even recognize a Braxton-Hicks contraction if I felt one.

Belly Button in or out? Still looks normal.

What I miss? I miss not being concerned about certain foods. Salmonella bacteria from raw eggs, listeria from lunch meat, bad things in undercooked shellfish... We went out to for brunch today, and I had to send my poached eggs back to the kitchen twice because I kept asking for non-runny eggs. I felt embarrassed to be so picky, but I was worried about eating undercooked eggs!

Best moment of the week? Many moments have been awesome. It's been really fun spending time with James' parents at their house, and watching our chihuahua/dachshund puppy play with their German Shepherd and Jack Russell. It's very entertaining! Also, we had a great moment today when we signed a lease and got the keys to an awesome rental house. Our movers deliver our household goods on Friday, woohoo!

What I am looking forward to? I'm SO excited to get our house organized and decorated, and explore our new city. I'm also looking forward to Kansas turning GREEN soon! When we first arrived, I was a little shocked when everything was brown. No leaves on trees. No grass-colored grass. After living in the Northwest and southern Alabama, this does not feel normal!

Cheers,

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment