Tuesday, March 19, 2013

22 weeks - Can't hide this belly anymore!

Hey guys!

22 Weeks!
So we're finally getting settled into our new city. Besides unpacking and organizing (we just got internet yesterday, hooray!), we've been busy exploring restaurants, parks, and shops. We even went to church on Sunday. I absolutely love our neighborhood and new little community, the people here are so friendly! There's a little German lady next door (who owns a temperamental dachshund named Willie) who brought over fresh lemon pound cake and a houseplant. So sweet!

There's even a dog park within walking distance from our house. Brownie is a lucky puppy! However, she doesn't quite know what to think of the new leather couches we bought last week. She only sits on them if she's in a lap. In protest of our new couches, she's been sneaking off into our bedroom to burrow into our blankets for a nap. I finally closed the bedroom door, and she's been checking on it every half hour to see if it's been left open again!

I didn't realize this until recently, but the hospital we had planned to use is only 2 MILES from our house! What a nice coincidence! I can't wait to sign up for their childbirth/newborn classes. They even offer a "Daddy Basics" class.

Little Zoie is doing well. She's quickly growing bigger, and demanding more space! My belly is really starting to pooch. I'm enjoying my new pregnant-looking belly instead of just feeling bloated.

We only have 4 months until her due date... 4 short months until we become parents! My mom mailed us a box last week addressed to "Zoie" - It's so fun to see her name! She's so real! I can't wait to meet her, and I love her already. 


How far along are you? 22 weeks! Only 18 left to go!

How big is Baby?
  Baby girl is almost 1 pound! At 11 inches long, she's the length of a spaghetti squash.

Weight Gain? Found our scale! Tonight I'm 139.2, total weight gain = 7.7 lb

Gender? GIRL! Zoie Elizabeth

Maternity Clothes? Yep! When I unpacked my closet, I put all my fitted clothes into a box labeled "130" - a box I won't touch until after Zoie is born and I shed my weight back to about 130 (Hopefully 125?). I have plenty of tops that work for now, and several maternity tops.

Sleep? Good! So happy to have our bed again. I LOVE my 3 inch memory foam mattress topper...

Movement? Zoie continues to wiggle and squirm! I feel her all the time, and her movement is starting to creep higher in my abdomen. Sometimes I can even feel her from the outside with my hand!

Food Cravings? Still enjoying citrus, sour, and grapefruit juice!

Labor Signs? Nope, not yet.

Belly Button in or out? Still normal I think.

What I miss? I miss having regular hormones. I can get so frustrated sometimes over nothing! Last night, the world was about to end because I forgot to defrost some chicken for the cheddar broccoli soup I was making. James is SO sweet and patient with me, I'm a lucky gal.

Best moment of the week? Lots of good things this week. James surprised me with a couple Yankee candle jars - delicious scents I've been enjoying every day! We finally built Zoie's IKEA dresser and shelf, and her little room is really coming together. We've been slowly unpacking our house, cleaning, and making it ours. Our landlord gave us plenty of freedom for changing fixtures, closets, paint, landscaping, etc... so we've been having some fun trips to Home Depot!

What I am looking forward to? My birthday present arrives tomorrow... a Brother sewing machine! I'm going to be making curtains for our living room and bedrooms, and try my hand at sewing little baby headbands and leg warmers. Yikes, I turn 25 in 2 weeks. Quarter century baby!

Cheers,

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment