Tuesday, May 7, 2013

29 weeks - Bumpin' out!

Hi everyone!

29 weeks!
These past two weeks have been busy for Zoie. It feels like she has doubled in size! Even my parents and friends are surprised at my size difference during my 2 week trip here in the Northwest. Some of the regular clothes I had packed in my suitcase no longer cover my tummy, so I'm glad I packed every maternity item I own.

Zoie's movement seems to be getting more and more intense! She's putting pressure on my bladder, which gives me constant mini-sensations of having to pee while she's squirming around. If I give into the sensation, my trip to the restroom is disappointingly unproductive. Since her movement is so strong, it's been fun letting her kick the hands of my friends and family! I can only imagine how full of life she's going to be once she's born.

This week, Zoie is putting more fat onto her little body. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to develop, and her hearing has improved greatly! She definitely responds to noisy situations - like the movie we saw last night at our local theater, she was squirming and shifting around the whole time! Her bones are also hardening, so it's important for me to get enough calcium. Here in third trimester, her bones are taking in about 250 milligrams of calcium each day! Luckily, I love drinking milk :) Go ahead Zoie, I have plenty of calcium for the two of us!

Here's our little girl's development at 29 weeks:

Baby, fetus at 28 weeks - BabyCenter

How far along are you? 29 weeks - wow, only 77 days until her due date!
 
How big is Baby?
Zoie should be just over 15 inches long, and weighs about 2.5lb - about the size of a butternut squash!

Weight Gain? My morning weight was 146. Every week I'm gaining something! Weight gain = 14.5 pounds.

Gender? GIRL!

Maternity Clothes? Yep, mostly all maternity clothes (a few regular shirts still work) - I need to find some maternity shorts and skirts quick! It's going to be hot soon. I could use my BeBand with my regular shorts (and I probably will) but it's not as convenient or comfy.

Sleep? Sleep has still been pretty good. Sometimes I wake up and start to itch my rash (belly, back, legs, arms...), and it's hard to stop itching and fall asleep again!

Movement? Still tons of movement! I can tell she's getting bigger, she's kicking higher and higher in my abdomen and low by my hips. She stuck a foot (I think) into my ribs when I was slouching the other day, it definitely made me sit up straight for a while!

Food Cravings? Mango has been especially delicious. I've rediscovered how amazing the flavor is! Anyone try the new Tootsie Pop flavor wild mango berry? It's incredible. I wish I could buy a huge bag of JUST that flavor!

Labor Signs? Nothing in this last week. It makes me wonder, was that really a Braxton-Hicks contraction I felt two weeks ago?

Belly Button in or out? It has been noted that my slowly-protruding belly button can be felt when people touch the belly! Who knows how far it'll go...

What I miss? I miss not having to be careful about lifting heavy things. This dang hernia! I would be happy to sling a heavy carry-on over my shoulder when I travel home to Kansas, but anything over 25lb could worsen the tear.

Best moment(s) of the week? Spending the weekend in Vancouver BC with some of my best college buddies was so much fun! We had beautiful weather, explored the city and enjoyed some amazing food, and supported our friends running the half-marathon on Sunday. I had missed my friends so much!

What I am looking forward to? Seeing my husband and puppy back home in Kansas! It's been a wonderful, refreshing, much-needed trip to visit my friends and family, but it'll be very nice to be back in my home with my hubby :)

Cheers,

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment