Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Almost 8 weeks old - Little Zoie is growing quickly!

Life with a newborn has been pretty amazing.

How awesome it is to watch Zoie grow before my eyes! Every day her clothes become a teenie bit more snug, her face more mature, and her personality a little bigger. I've been loving every moment, soaking up her smallness and enjoying her newness!

Zoie at 2 weeks, and 7 weeks!

Even the moments when Zoie is crying and fussy and it's hard to understand the problem, I still try my best to keep it in perspective. This stage in her life is so temporary, and I'm honored to be the one to guide her through these newborn months. It's so fun to watch her develop!

Soon she'll be grasping at her toys!

These last two weeks were great - my mom and dad were visiting! Since James is deployed, having someone to spend time with Zoie while I get things done around the house is such a luxury. I can take a nice long shower, do some cooking, vacuum, sort laundry... It's amazing how long these tasks can take when I'm the only one in the house. Uninterrupted time doesn't really exist when I'm on my own with Zoie and my puppy Brownie. But that's okay - we're finding our rhythm!

We've been out and about quite a bit in the last two weeks - restaurants, visiting family, the zoo, pedicures, shopping, long walks in the stroller, and a 4 hour (round-trip) car ride to Kansas City. Zoie has loved her time with Grandma and Grandpa (and they've loved being with Zoie!).


You know how everyone says, "enjoy these moments, they grow up so fast!" sort of thing? Well, I don't think we could be enjoying them more!


We've definitely had our fair share of challenges, but I still think Zoie is pretty easy to care for. I've learned that sleep and naps are extremely important, and determine how well the day will go. If Zoie doesn't get enough sleep throughout the day, she'll be so fussy she won't nurse, and then she gets so hungry she can't fall asleep! It's tricky to navigate that situation, so it's best avoided. I try and nurse her often, and give her lots of opportunity for naps. Luckily, she naps pretty well in her carriers and wraps, and loves to snuggle on her lion play mat. Naps are wonderful little pockets of time to quickly get things done! It's amazing how productive you can be when you have a ticking baby time bomb.


Next week we'll be in the great Northwest - I can't wait to introduce Zoie to my friends and family! I'm a little uncertain about Zoie's first plane ride to Seattle, so we'll see how that goes. Fingers crossed. My plan is to nurse her during takeoff and landing to help with her ears, and wear her in my carrier for most of the flight. Hopefully she'll have a niiice long nap...


Cheers,

Martha



No comments:

Post a Comment