Tuesday, February 26, 2013

19 weeks - Baby girl is a wiggle-worm!

What a week!

19 Weeks!
Our entire house is currently packed into boxes, which today are being hauled into a huge semi-truck. We'll meet up with our belongings once we find a house to rent in Kansas!

Sunday, our friends here hosted an AMAZING baby shower for us! A beautiful sunny day, delicious foods and drinks, and adorable decorations - it was so much fun! After games and trivia, the boys came over (after beer and video games with my husband at our house) to help us enjoy ice cream cake and open presents. We received such generous gifts from our friends and family, here in Alabama and all over the country! Thank you to everyone!

It's been so much fun finally knowing the gender of our baby. We pretty much have a name picked out, and we'll make it public sooner than later :)

And SHOPPING! I've drooling over baby girl things on Pinterest, Etsy, Amazon, Baby Gap, Land of Nod... such adorable things. I have lots of ideas for the nursery. Light blue painted walls, white dresser/shelves, pink/coral/red accent colors.

Baby girl's unique fingerprints are developed now! She's also growing a waxy coating on her body to protect her skin while submerged in the amniotic fluid, and to regulate her temperature. Like a nice body mask? Haha. Most all of it will be gone by the time she is born.


How far along are you? 19 weeks!

How big is Baby?
  Our baby girl was measured at 8oz last Tuesday, so she's probably closer to 9oz now (BabyCenter says average is 8.5 oz.). In other words, she's the size of a large heirloom tomato, or a softball. (James! She is not like an 8oz steak!)

Weight Gain? Well our scale is packed up, but yesterday I was just over 136. Total weight gain is about 5lb.

Gender? GIRL!!!

Maternity Clothes? Sometimes yes, sometimes my regular clothes. I'm not a fan of much that hugs my belly, this weird in-between stage just isn't cute... I want the nice curvy bump!

Sleep? This last week has been good! You know, it really wasn't that hard to switch from sleeping on my back to my side. I don't even think about it anymore.

Movement? I felt the first movement a week ago, the evening after the ultrasound! Since then, I've actually felt her quite a bit every day. I think actually watching her wiggle around on the ultrasound has made me more aware of what sensations to feel for. It doesn't feel anything like flutters though. Maybe I felt those earlier and thought it was just digestion... Little girl's movements feel like something is shifting around inside me. Soft little pokes... I love it :-)

Food Cravings? Not really. Well, except chocolate. I needed brownies the other day, so I made some... And I needed a Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard the other day, so James took me to DQ (where I bought a Mini, and they gave me a Medium by mistake! Haha...)

Labor Signs? Nope.

Belly Button in or out? In as usual.

What I miss? Not too much. I'm enjoying being pregnant so far!

Best moment of the week? So many! Finding out that our baby is a GIRL (and calling our family with the news), watching James graduate from his course, seeing a couple friends from Washington (SO great to see them again!), enjoying crazy flaming Japanese Hibachi as a farewell dinner for James' class, partying (well, observing drunk people play slap cup), and having a great time at our baby shower!

What I am looking forward to? We're headed to Panama City Beach for a 3-day weekend with 15 of our friends from James' class. It's going to be an amazing finale to our time in the South! By next Wednesday, we'll be road-tripping to Kansas.

Cheers,

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment