Tuesday, January 29, 2013

15 weeks & growing!

Hey y'all!

I love learning about the baby's development each week. It's amazing how complicated our bodies are! This 15th week, our baby is forming taste buds. He/she is also breathing the amniotic fluid, which helps the air sacs in the lungs develop. I can't imagine amniotic fluid tastes very good...

Baby can also sense light! If I were to shine a flashlight at my tummy, the baby would likely move away from the light. I can't WAIT to feel movement!

I'm starting to feel a little more pregnant. Isn't the second trimester supposed to be when you get an energy kick? My energy never left during the first trimester, but now I often feel sleepy during the day, even after 8-9 hours of sleep at night!

Living in Alabama over winter has been kind of a blessing, I love having 75 degree weather and sunshine almost every day. Taking our puppy Brownie on walks, jogging, biking, it's such a blessing to enjoy the warm outdoors in the middle of JANUARY! It's almost surreal living down here after spending my whole life in the northwest. There are moments when I forget about the rest of the country. It's winter? Other people have snow and ice? Oh yeah!

Well tomorrow I'm driving to Orlando to meet up with my fellow pregnant sister-in-law, nephew, and mother-in-law at Disney World! I'm excited to see them again and enjoy 4 days of fun, food, and (some) rides!

I'll start posting belly photos soon... Though it's hard to feel cute during this weird in-between stage!


How far along are you? 15 weeks today

How big is Baby?  Baby Bowen weighs about 2.5 ounces, and measures about 4 inches long. About the size of an apple!

Weight Gain? This morning I weighed 133.2 - I'm slowly increasing as baby grows! Though I mostly feel the weight increase in my chest size...

Gender? 3 WEEKS and we'll have the ultrasound!

Maternity Clothes? Not yet. I just tried on a few pairs of shorts I haven't worn in a while, they won't button unless I hike them up to my bellybutton! I definitely need to wear the stretchy BeBand to make them work for Disney World.

Sleep? Still normal. Having the craziest dreams lately... Might have something to do with the sci-fi book I was reading :)

Movement? Nothing, but soon I hope!

Food Cravings? I'm LOVING hot chocolate in the evenings. So good!

Labor Signs? Nope.

Belly Button in or out? In (I hope it stays in the whole time!)

What I miss? Not being concerned about harming my belly. I miss snowboarding!

Best moment of the week? Getting all dressed up for the Rawls Ball and seeing my husband wearing a tuxedo shirt, cummerbund, black bow tie, and cologne!

What I am looking forward to? DISNEY WORLD!


Cheers,

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment