Tuesday, April 2, 2013

24 weeks - Only 16 weeks left! April, May, June... JULY!!!

Hey all!

24 weeks!
This week has been big in baby development! Since Zoie is now about 12 inches from head to heel, her body is finally starting to fill out. She likely gained 4 ounces in this last week! It's nice to know that part of my weight gain from here on is going towards her little body (not just mine!).

Also, at just 24 weeks, little Zoie has a good chance at survival if she were born prematurely. Modern technology is amazing. Of course, she better stay inside until she's good and ready :)

It's been hard to grasp just how long Zoie has grown, until I recently started feeling kicks/punches high in my ribs and low in my abdomen at the same time! She definitely responds to loud sounds, like when James and I went out to see G.I. Joe the other night. I was a little distracted during the movie because I was watching my tee-shirt dance.

More OB appointments this week! I had my "New patient" appointment this morning at my new Kansas clinic (and had another blood draw for a Hepatitis C test that my Alabama clinic didn't do, ugh). I get to meet my doctor for my 24-week checkup on Thursday. Also, the clinic is going to do the infamous 2-hour Glucose Screen in about 2 weeks. Bring on the sugar-drink and more blood-draws, huzzah! I didn't even know I was required to take this test. I don't have gestational diabetes... right?

Here's 24 weeks of baby growing:

Baby, fetus at 24 weeks - BabyCenter

How far along are you? 24 weeks, only 16 to go!

How big is Baby?
  Zoie is now over a pound! Perhaps even 1.5lb. She's about 12 inches long, like an ear of corn.

Weight Gain? My morning weight is 139.6 - I guess last week's nighttime weight wasn't super accurate. Total weight gain =  8.1 pounds.

Gender? GIRL!

Maternity Clothes? Indeed. I'm always wearing my maternity jeans and capris, but mostly regular tops.

Sleep? I've started having to pee in the middle of the night again, but it's not too hard to fall back asleep.

Movement? Lots of movement! I know she's kicking and punching, because I can feel movement in two places at once!

Food Cravings? Still really enjoying citrus. I bought some lemon-flavored gum today, it's pretty awesome :)

Labor Signs? Nothing yet.

Belly Button in or out? Well, it's starting to widen a tiny bit. I can peer inside! It's going to look SO weird in a few months... oh boy.

What I miss? I want to go mountain biking! My bike sits lonely in the garage. The weather has been really nice, and there's even a local biking group that treks weekly around the lake trails! But, it's too risky with my special cargo...

Best moment(s) of the week? This Easter weekend was a blast! James even had a 4-day weekend, woohoo! It was a full weekend of friends, family, going to the farmers market, Easter mass, delicious brunch (ahem, homemade cinnamon rolls), Easter baskets with TONS of candy, and sleeping in.

What I am looking forward to? Tomorrow's my birthday! Today I'm 24 weeks at 24 years old, by next week I'll be 25 weeks at 25 years old :) Looking forward to an evening out with my hubby and in-laws, and blowing out a candle to welcome a quarter century of life.

Cheers,

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment