Wednesday, June 26, 2013

36 weeks - Less than a month! And new ultrasound picture!

Hey everyone!

36 weeks!
Less than a month until Zoie's due date! It's really starting to hit me how soon she'll be here. James and I have been talking about what to bring to the hospital, and making sure we have all the last baby items we need.

Today I brought our Britax car seat to the local fire station for their weekly car seat check. The fireman (who was trained in a 5-day car seat course, that's intense!) made sure that we were using our Subaru's LATCH system properly, and that the car seat's incline was correct for a newborn. He also instructed to push firmly down on the seat while tightening the LATCH straps to get the snuggest attachment. Looks like we're good to go!

Also today, James and I went to see our baby's 36 week ultrasound! Zoie's anatomy is still looking perfect, and she has a head full of hair already. She is still measuring small by the ultrasound's estimations, but so far it's nothing to worry about. It was so fun to see her little chubby cheeks, and we think she yawned! She had her hands up by her face, and kept moving around gently. Her head is super low in my pelvis, with her face towards my back (so unfortunately we didn't get to see much of her face!). It's reassuring to know that she is in the correct position for delivery, and this explains the increased pressure I feel in my pelvis.

Here's the only photo we got of Zoie's face (forehead is on the right). Cute chubby cheeks!



Here's Zoie's estimated development at 36 weeks:


Baby, fetus at 36 weeks - BabyCenter


How far along are you? 36 weeks today - less than a month until her due date! Although I'm predicting she's going to arrive a little bit late.
 
How big is Baby?
On average, she should be about 18.5 inches long, and her weight should be almost 6 pounds! However, the ultrasound today predicted Zoie to be 5lb 2oz, so she's still measuring a little small. Oh well, I can't complain about delivering a slightly smaller baby!

Weight Gain? Morning weight was 153 - steadily gaining! Total weight gain = 21.5 pounds.

Gender? Baby GIRL!

Maternity Clothes? All the time. It's been so long since I've purchased regular clothes, I'm ready to go shopping after Zoie is born! And I'd like to find a few cute non-maternity nursing tops. I finally found a comfortable nursing bra that I love! I ordered it online from Target.

Sleep? It's been going okay this week. Still waking up a lot, still kind of uncomfortable, but it's not too bad.

Movement? She's SO wiggly! Big shifting movements, and constantly poking out limbs all over my belly.

Food Cravings? Citrus has still been awesome. And I'm still craving a really good maple bar - might have to make them myself, I can't find anything good enough to satisfy!

Labor Signs? Several people have asked me about Braxton-Hicks contractions - I think I've only felt one or two (a while ago) this whole pregnancy. Perhaps I'm experiencing some now, but it's hard to tell if it's just Zoie shifting and putting pressure on my belly or if my muscles are actually contracting.

Belly Button in or out? Belly button hasn't changed in a few weeks - I think we're safe from it becoming too reckless!

What I miss? Lately I've been trying to imagine what I will miss once baby is here - we only have about 4 weeks of time alone! I'm soaking up my free time - reading, exercising, shopping, cooking, cleaning... and enjoying all the time with James that I can!

Best moment(s) of the week? These past few days and weekend have been great! Delicious Mongolian grill dinner to celebrate James' dad's birthday, Saturday exploring Kansas City with James and dinner with my friend Jenn, and a very relaxing Sunday (anyone else see the Super Moon?). And of course, today James and I got to see our little girl on the ultrasound!

What I am looking forward to? This Saturday, two of my amazing friends from college are getting married back in Seattle! I'm really missing them, and wish my due date was a little farther away so we could make the trip! Looking forward to all the pictures of the beautiful event.
 
Cheers,


Martha

1 comment:

  1. Been thinking about you and James and Zoie a lot this week. Happy that everything is going well for you. Wish you weren't so far away. Much love to all.
    Cousin Linda Davidson

    ReplyDelete